7/12/10

Nason Ridge + Merrymoor = Summer, at last

Instead of being sociable for the 4th of July, I went hiking with Margot, one of the few people I can be completely open and honest with. Turned out to be the ONE cloudy-ish day, but got some great recon... I'm definitely going back to complete this hike sometime this year.

Imagine this same trail with gorgeous mountains everywhere in sight instead of white.
Round Mountain 3

Typical Cascade metamorphics...always fun to look at.
Round Mountain 6

Flowers and such
Round Mountain 5

We went to Merrymoor one fine evening to teach Kim how to belay, and obviously to go and be active in the nice weather.

Me being a dweeb with my badass oakleys.
DSC_2897

I always forget that the park has enough relief to see rainier from the top of the pinnacle.
DSC_2904

I didn't actually intend to line up this shot like it is, but it worked out really well. Sometimes you just get lucky....
DSC_2907

The lip-bite of concentration.... or frustration with the lens in her face? We may never know.
DSC_2923

Hunter with his hillbilly college hat.
DSC_2938

There was a guy there who obviously climbs a lot....
DSC_2944

Who is that studmuffin?
DSC_2973

I prefer to be in nature, but Merrymoor has such great bold colors, especially during golden hour.
DSC_2976

DSC_2986

DSC_2989

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Washington, United States