7/12/10

Climbing (etc) in June, etc.

I've been so busy getting out, that I haven't blogged about getting out in a while.

In June there was some rock climbing, and kayaking. As always, these are just my top choices for displaying, many more photos can be found in the respective flickr sets.

First was exit 38, which kicked off the start of the REAL summer, with the sun coming out and even a bit of oppressive heat. Some great 'epic' shots came out of the day. Here, Kim's first rock climb EVER.... (I break'em in the hard way ;) and she did awesome)
DSC_2313

Gloria, who also did awesome.
DSC_2328

Kenny, who doesn't really like climbing, but he did great regardless.
DSC_2341

And this guy, who kinda sucked in general.
DSC_2352

Flying chipmunks!
DSC_2383

It takes two girls to belay my fat ass. Also, Micky with the most hair she's had since she was young.
DSC_2442

Next up was kayaking in Lake Union. I rented a sit on top kayak, which is approximately 293 times more comfortable than a normal one. Also, it seems half the houseboats are pretty scuzzy, and half are really nice (like this one). Yes, my legs sunburned.
Lake Union 7

Steve wanted an ultra cliche seattlite picture...
Lake Union 13

Kinda like urban decay, but not.
Lake Union 14

My favorite from the day.
Nice Day in Seattle

Then off to Leavenworth to find more oppressive heat, harder climbing, and general tomfoolery.

Kim's second day of climbing, a badass and very difficult 5.9.
DSC_2718

DSC_2736

I'm so clever
DSC_2722

The spiderman impression
DSC_2749

DSC_2765

The route used the ENTIRE rope....phew....long route.
DSC_2778

Kim being a badass.
DSC_2846

Welcome to the brodeo
DSC_2852

Micky couldn't handle the bucking bro-nco.
DSC_2857

Gorgeous girls in a gorgeous place.
DSC_2874

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Washington, United States