9/21/09

Why was Taylor gone all summer?

So, lately I'm sure some of you have noticed that I have been complaining about not having any money. Actually, I don't really care about money, but when you don't work all summer, and while not working, spending lots of money....economics and physics have a lot in common, namely: conservation of energy......

Where was I you ask? If you missed the last blogs, or the rare updates while I was out and about, I'll do a quick fill in for you, with some of my favorite photos from those places.

First was Dillon, Montana, for UW field geology. 30ish students basically stomping around sagebrush smashing rocks and losing compasses, and sometimes looking for garnets.
DSC_9076

Dillon and the surrounding area is above 5000ft elevation, so I got a pretty good tan, and by good, I mean hilarious.
Tan Gradient

We did some light painting, which is always good fun. This is one of my favorites of them.
DSC_9459

Any geology anywhere, if you stop working for any amount of time, rocks will start being thrown. It is a basic physical law.
DSC_9521

We WERE going to go to Glacier NP, but alas, it was not meant to be.
Fold and Thrust Belt

Because of this.
DSC_9586

So instead we went back to Dillon, there was plenty of booze that folks had bought for the camping trip..... also there was swimming.
DSC_9651

And we took a trip to Jellystone.
DSC_9786

DSC_9816

Montana has lots of lightning.
DSC_9860

This photo still makes me giggle.
DSC_9945

There was a Demo Derby in town. Not too exciting, the one we have in Monroe is way better.
DSC_0362

Some of the kids thought to sleep outside. Good stars at 5000ft.....still lots of light pollution there though.
DSC_0492

I managed to butcher my leg right proper.
Horrible hat hair

The infamous 'boob rock', in probably my favorite field area (most like home?)
DSC_0535

Love this photo.
DSC_0579

Metamorphic geology with the finest of folks. I also took the biggest sample EVER home from this area.
DSC_0774

All the folks in one place, minus the TA's from the first half.
Field Camp, 2009

Also, some photojournalism. And an excuse to post Scottie's naked, wet body all over the web. HA!
Paddle Attack


Then I came home for a day and a half (just enough time to shower and repack), and then hopped on a plane to Sweden for Andrew's wedding. Since I was the photographer I'll show proof I was there:
DSC_1105

Yes, I drank beer in a hofbrau in Munich. Big deal, get over it.
DSC_1617

Hiking in Germany
DSC_1849

Stepped through a space-warp and ended up in Leavenworth.
DSC_1851

Chased Ibex in Switzerland.
Ibex

Hiking in Switzerland
DSC_2225

More of the same....ho hum.
DSC_2340

Hiking in Italy.
DSC_2438

DSC_2474

The Mediterranean. Yawn.
DSC_2545

Rome.
DSC_2628

I would like to point out that the Vatican is creepy.
DSC_2810

Artistic subversion in the Sistine Chapel.
DSC_2940

And that is all. The rest of the photos are on flickr as usual, just thought I would be thorough for anyone who was curious why I've been complaining about being broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Washington, United States