9/20/09

Some old favorites, to kick off the new blog

I recently became aware that I am a dinosaur and my preferred method of blogging (myspace) is not visible to everyone, so I will give this thing a go and see how well it handles photos.

As a test post, I'll do a few of my personal favorites from recent years that you folks may not have seen.

One that has been my most popular for a while on flickr, and is near the top of the list for images searches for "milky way". I don't think it's that great, personally, but it's interesting I suppose.
Milky Way Capture

Rampart Ridge, near Snoqualmie Pass, you can see Rainier in the background. This is the one I had published on both the Washington State Tourism Website, and the WA magazine cover.
Photographer's Overlook

The Enchantments, famous for its urine (salt)-obsessed goats, who fell for my trap of standing where I wanted them to stand for my photos.
They Even Lined Up...

A favorite early season hike of mine, colchuck lake.
Better Dragontail

Yosemite, Bridal Veil falls.
Bridal Veil Falls at Sunset

Ptarmigan/grouse in Gothic Basin on quartzite, my all time favorite hike that I do every year. I believe this was 07.
Overwatch

Glacier Peak from Perry meadows.
Takobia Snowcap

This was somewhere in the rampart lakes area.
Rampart Lakes 2

More from the Enchantments, the actual reason they're famous is in late Sept/ early Oct, the larches all turn lovely orange and the whole place is just gorgeous.
To Be Distinct

Much like this maple on Perry Creek.
Perry Creek Autumn  4

I really like this effect, this was on Mt Pugh.
Boreas

From my Montana field camp.
Vanishing Point

Always fun, over Stevens Pass
Elevation Envy Redux 4

Now I'd like to show you that you don't need a 'fancy camera' to make fancy pictures. I went to Blanca lake a few days ago, and the last time I'd been there was 2005. In 2005 I took the following picture with a 3.2 megapixel point and shoot camera:
Blanca Lake, Color Boosted

And this one a few days ago, with my $2000+ camera and lens thingy:
Blanca Lake 3

The biggest difference is that the lower one I shot at 12 mp, because I may actually want to make a very large print of it.

That's all for now, if this works well I'll switch from myspace to here for all photography related blogging, since you don't need to have a myspace to view this guy, or even comment.

1 comment:

  1. All of my previous photo blogs can be found here:

    http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=7500789&blogId=508664086

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Washington, United States