1/10/10

Skyline Lake: Repetition is a double edged sword.

As far as I can tell, I've been coming here around new years (give or take), since 2005. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, but it certainly is interesting to see the different amounts of snow and whatnot. Also, it's a fun, pretty, easily accessible, and safe place to take people snowshoeing.

This year, oddly, the weather was gorgeous down in town, and great up through the mountains, but with no shock considering my usual luck, there was a cloud, literally sticking to Stevens Pass like glue..... No matter, made for some dramatic pictures anyway, and jolly good fun regardless.

This is a summation of the conditions today, for the most part.
Skyline 1

And thus:
Look, I'm on an ice sheet!

And again
Whiteout Lake

Lots of people up here, as usual, demanding group shots of their own, and offering trade in the like.
They're not short, I'm just an Ogre.

Visited the lion-king-esque rock, as needed, weather was better for some cool silhouettes.
The Dy Stands Alone

The Abyss stares back into me

Did some alpine bouldering, as Dyan was drooling over the exciting granite.
Alpine Bouldering, 2010

Then, there was a miraculous break in the could bank, which we were in the top 30 ft of anyway....
The Breaking Point

Tried climbing that funny little peak, to see if it was above the clouds...it wasn't.
Skyline 2

Skyline 3

Breaks came and went, but not often enough to warrant sticking around in the cold wind.
Skyline 4

Skyline 5

Skyline 6

Jogged up to Heybrook lookout on the way home.
Dy and Index

Good start to the year so far. Keep up with me on facebook if you'd like to partake in these, I'll announce them there usually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Washington, United States