1/24/10

Barclay Lake; dreary, grey: weakest debut of a fancy new camera EVER

I love my home. I love just about everything about [western] Washington, and the greater Seattle area.

When I'm in the mood to make photos, I have a major problem with grey. It makes everything dull, destroys all depth, and often makes it a waste of time to even pull the camera out. I don't mean white out, or cloudy, or foggy....look at the last post, that can sometimes be very scenic, I just mean the solid grey skies, as seen below.

I bought the new camera I've been coveting for a long time, and while the camera is everything I wanted and more, the debut hike for it was....unsatisfying. No matter, there is more coming, and it was good to get out.

The other problem is the dynamic range in a place like this is garbage. While this camera has expanded settings to help this, the rich, dark green trees against bright white sky and snow, just doesn't work.
Baring 1

This was about the best I could wrangle.
Baring 2

We climbed up towards eagle lake, but got bored and stopped at a boulder field.
Baring 3

Ate some snacks, and talked about how cold the rocks made our butts.
Baring Boulders

Waiting in line for keebler cookies

Someday soon, this huge tree will fall.
Keebler Outlet 1

Keebler Outlet 2

I didn't realize everyone had agreed on the "hands on lap" pose, else I would have followed suit.... maybe I'm just more friendly.
Blown out mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Washington, United States