11/11/09

The Great Greenbelt Adventure

I had three hours to kill on foot in north Lynnwood while my timing belt was being replaced by Volvo. So I arbitrarily chose to walk west from 99 where, as far as I know, I actually haven't been. Ended up at Meadowdale high school.....interesting? Not really, but it surprised me anyway.

As I walked, I stumbled upon a greenbelt, of all things, and it ended up being MUCH bigger than I expected. I was disappointed in that I didn't come across a huge group of airsofters, which would have been a lot more fun than wandering around finding interesting trash and orange leaves, but one musn't dwell on fantasies.....

I found no less than 6 creepy crack-sites like this, all with cheap tents and sleeping bags crumpled in the dirt, soaked and ratty. This one was the most elaborate.
Greenbelt 2

Greenbelt 3

Oil tank?
Greenbelt 4

No, that leaf did not end up there on it's own.
Greenbelt 5

Greenbelt 6

Greenbelt 7

This place even had a stream (drainage/runoff), which had incised a significant chasm, with how wet the ground was, I actually didn't want to go down for fear of not being able to get back up...
Greenbelt 9

The remains of an old apple orchard, I counted at least 8 trees, in rough rows, the ground was littered with old dead apples.
Greenbelt 10

I got short bursts of sunlight breaking through the clouds, usually right on cue when I walked up to a colorful tree.
Greenbelt 11

These were actually right outside the greenbelt, in the field of an elementary school.
Greenbelt 12

Greenbelt 13

A naked jet taking off from Boeing, perhaps to go get some decals? Note: no windows, must be a cargo model for fedex or whatnot.
Naked Plane

Meadowdale high school....
Meadowdale

I snickered, then walked away, then realized I actually had a camera with me, and walked back to take this.
Oh, how I love modified signs.

I really like this, I think I might do it more often. Kinda trippy huh?
Inversion

Inversion 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Washington, United States